DirectEmployers Association Sales Engineer in Indianapolis, Indiana
DirectEmployers is looking for a sales engineer to assist our members and customers during the sales process and with issues that arise once they are members of our association. This is a full time, direct hire position in the Product Development department and will report to the Director of Sales Engineering as part of a small team of engineers
Primary duties will include working with sales, support, and membership engagement staff to answer technical questions and find solutions to unforeseen use cases. The ability to think critically and propose solutions is a key part of this position.
The Sales Engineering team serves as the bridge between our customers, the development team, and front line support staff. It is a unique position where the ability to understand and explain technical issues to non-technical individuals is critical.
As a Sales Engineer, your day will be one of technical problem solving, ranging from software configuration and web development to database queries and analytics interpretation. As the pivot point between development and customer support, you must be prepared to take on a task without a clear answer, finding the tools and answers that are needed to solve a customer issue along the way.
- Interpretation and explanation of Data & Analytics
- Direct interaction with technical and non technical customers
- Support of company collaboration software (Jira, Slack, etc)
- 3+ years of experience in a technical role
- Ability to interact with in a productive and positive manner.
- Experience with scripting languages such as Python or a related language
- Experience writing SQL
- Demonstrated ability to explain technical concepts to non-technical individuals
- Demonstrated ability to asking probing questions in a disarming and productive fashion in order to gather details about a problem
- Development experience in any language
- Experience with complex data systems
- Experience with using and interpreting analytics platforms
- Experience in a tier 3 support or sales engineer positions